Saturday, August 8, 2009

Moving back to Home from ……home

One of the most amazing things about my journey from Delhi to Detroit and then back was the two set of emotions that I had to go through. One while I was moving to Detroit and the other when I came back to Delhi. Now that I think about these two different emotions I realize how similar they were. How can I ever forget the tears while entering the Indra Gandhi International Airport, bidding good byes to my beloved family and friends. At that time I had to plans of returning back so soon. I was only grappling with one question – WHY THE HELL WAS I LEAVING INDIA? I would have to start a new life there. I didn't know anyone there. I had no clue how many professional life would unfold. The people who know me can vouch for the fact that I energize myself by interacting with family and friends. How will I make new friends there?

1 year later

…..The only question I had in mind while boarding the flight back to Delhi was – WHY THE HELL WAS I LEAVING DETROIT? As it turned out a year in Detroit has turned it into my new home. My new friends were my family as well. I will never have to thing twice before concluding that my one year in US was one of the best chapters of my life. But since it was not a book but a chapter it had to come to an end. The characters in the chapter will tag along with me as I write the book of my life. So how was it to move back? It was a mixture of feelings. I was happy and sad, excited and sullen. Something I have never felt before. I guess that's how one feels when you move from one home to another….

Asit

Delhi – Mumbai – Detroit - Delhi

2 comments:

  1. i totally understand it now...now that i have moved back from mumbai :( home in delhi took 3-4 months to bcum 'the home' again !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all your posts in a go yesterday...find myself too intellectually incapable to match your thoughts with equally intellectually vigorous comments...

    star hai tu...but you make more grammatical mistakes than me...ha ha...my saving grace...

    PS: I think I am going to copy paste this comment on all the posts that I read :-)

    ReplyDelete