Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Moment of Truth

Lately a lot of debate has been happening on the yet another imported series called “Sach Ka Samna”. Now this particular reality show has created ripples across the globe. It is one of the most controversial show ever. Several countries have actually banned the show after just a few episodes. All this just cause this show brings out the truth??
Now this blog is not to discuss whether this show should be allowed in India or not? That debate was very aptly settled by a Delhi High Court Judge. The ruling was something like this: "Our culture is not so fragile that it would be affected by one TV program. If someone does not want to watch the show they can change the channel"
This write up is more to do with the fact that no matter how simple a life you live you also have several dark secrets which if revealed (for money or otherwise) could shatter your life. I was astonished to see common man/woman coming on the show and revealing such facts about their lives that were hard to believe but they were true. I think, like me, most of the people watching the show wonder how could anyone go there even if for the money and open the book of their past. Some of the truths are so disturbing that they would not even acknowledge them in the privacy of their minds.
That brings me to another interesting observation. When I am watching the show, I don’t know how many times I wonder that I will never go on this show. No matter what the prize be. Now, come on am sure even you guys would agree with me on this. And I have asked this question to several people and all of them say are you crazy??
The point I am trying to make through all this is that no one is a saint. Then why do we act good? We all have committed sins/deeds that we are not proud of. Then why do we judge others when they accept those things or when we get to know that they have done the same thing or something similar. When deep down within us we know that we must have done the same damn thing or something equally bad or at times even worse. Next time when you watch Sach Ka Samna, try to answer the questions yourself as well, thinking you are sitting on the hot seat. Try to be a little flexible while answering the questions. Since those questions are made keeping the contestant in mind. So look for situations similar to the questions and answer then. Obviously I am not asking you to tell those answers to someone. If you are planning to do that, kindly apply to the show at least make some money from it. Anyway, once you have answered those questions. See how many times you will go “OH MY GOD, THIS GUY IS CRAZY”. I think a lot of times it will be sigh of relieve that you are not there.
I wonder why I still get astonished when people tell the truth on the show. May be I am just envious of their guts. Even though they have a chance to win a lot of money by doing so. But if that was reason enough I would be sitting there as well. I guess there are certain truths that should travel with you to your grave.
If I have some secrets of mine so do my loved ones.
Let’s maintain a status quo on this one.

1 comment:

  1. I read all your posts in a go yesterday...find myself too intellectually incapable to match your thoughts with equally intellectually vigorous comments...

    star hai tu...but you make more grammatical mistakes than me...ha ha...my saving grace...

    PS: I think I am going to copy paste this comment on all the posts that I read :-)

    ReplyDelete